Sunday, January 06, 2008

Which Do You Prefer To Read?



I was blog-hopping earlier when a comment from Emily Veinglory caught my eye:

"implicitly not seeking m/m, or haven't thought about it much which is curious given that it tends to substantially outsell m/f."

The post is talking about yet another new publisher who think they're gonna set the world on fire, but to be honest, I'm not really interested in that portion of the post.

What I am interested in is whether or not male/male romances do indeed outsell books with female/male protagonists. Now I'm not talking about menages with both males and females because that doesn't really answer the question.

So I'm gonna put it out there, if you had the choice between two stories, roughly similar, but one featuring M/M leads, and the other featuring a male/female couple, which would you choose?

For those people who are shy about these things, just post anonymously. It's not like you guys don't know how to do that. *g*

Labels: